Final week and the deadlines are really close. This week I started planning the site I was going to create. I figured that with a highly planned out site design and structure, site map etc the building itself would fall into place very quickly.
Firstly I set out to assure the branding was carried through so I made a note of the colour theme and fonts to be used.
The fonts to be used were Helvetica for the body, and a modern @fontface from font squirrel called firsttest.
When this was written down and clear I decided to have a look at the material I was given and decide does every element deserve a page or could it be merged. I decided that with 7 different elements it may be a good idea to split it up then visitors can see exactly what they want to see when they click on the link. With this in mind I will not construct a site map and a structure that’s never more than 1 click from what you want to see.
This week the live project started and my attention took to this project for the next 2 weeks. I have all the material ready to go so its a dream situation where I can dive straight in to it and begin to do the branding and the site.
To begin with we met the client and had a chat on what his interests were and what designs he particularly liked.
I collected the following data that I found most relevent.
With the last few weeks fast approaching I decided that I would take one last look at some more PHP, the book I have been reading is great and really easy to pick-up on.
$date = Date(“d-m-Y”);
echo “The date is ” . $date;
I decided to try this and see it working on my own site.